Interactive Design. The NODROD.

Interactive design was probably the most challenging class I took last semester. For me, it was way out of my comfort zone.

I also feel it was the most most rewarding. To succeed at something that you are daunted by is a pretty greta feeling.

We were tasked with redesigning a website, or making one up. The requirements that we had to keep in mind were: 1) We had to guide the user through a checkout experience and 2) we would have to integrate an Internet Of Things aspect as well.

My project revolved around a fictional device that my wife and I called the "nodrod". The idea is a device that you would place on your child's ankle or wrist (the band would be expandable), and with an app you would control the amount of Melatonin produced, inducing sleep.

As a parent of a child who, seemingly, never sleeps, this would have been amazing :) I went in with a fair amount of humor with the idea, but took the process seriously.

Below you can see a product mockup which showcases the the desktop product site, mobile site, and the App. I've also included a user journey and links to the FAKE website and mobile app.

From the app, you set the length of time that you want the kid to sleep.

I used adobe Muse of the site, and adobe Experience Design the the mobile version and app.

Check 'em out from the links below! (try the app on your phone.) Use the K.O function to knock that kid out! The app is NOT functional, it's basically static screens linked to other static screens. There was no programing involved.




http://nodrod.businesscatalyst.com/index.html#Features

http://adobe.ly/1qUguLU




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prints and C2E2

Wait, don't go!