Berith update 8-21-12

Another quick update before beddy bye time. I's gots some Firestorm #0 to get cracking on, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow. I'll be sure to get a little done before the day is out though.

I decided to flip the image to give myself some fresh eyes. I'm sure I'll do it more as I go along, BUT I think I like the way things sit better this way.

After asking my wife to take a look at it she pointed some things out. I didn't want to hear them this early in the process, but it does help...sometimes. Two things hit me after the cloud of anger lifted: a). The horse was too small, and b). The cropping was bugging me.

Andrea made the suggestion to zoom in more and make it more about Berith. I disliked something about the cropping, but felt that things got too cramped for the horse zoomed in. Although not the focus, the horse isn't something I want squished so I zoomed out a little and re-positioned things.



I'm still not happy about the horse in terms of its action, so I spent some time re-roughing. This is the price I'm paying for not doing a better drawing in the first place. However, I really wanted to break away from my normal working method and as a result I think I've had a lot oh happy mistakes that I was able to go with. That's the advantage of not having a firm plan :) I suck at making things up on the fly and this has been a great exercise in finding interesting shapes - like his head - and making them work.



Since I haven't made it too far yet, I don't mind finding something that works for the horse. I feel that I'm on the right track and I'm aiming to persevere through the pain :) And although Berith's armour is just a mish-mash of poo, I have some ideas about his pouldron and some gold trim.Let's see what pops out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interactive Design. The NODROD.

Prints and C2E2

Wait, don't go!